COVID-19, undoubtedly, affected the entire work dynamics and environment on a global level. Every field had to adapt to new circumstances. Internal auditing faced a number of unprecedented challenges. It brought a number of opportunities and challenges alike. It has, in fact, become a race against time to be prepared for the inevitable. The following are the key risks we believe that internal auditors will need to focus on.
Cybersecurity is an elephant in the room and we need to address it fast. With COVID-19, we saw an increased dependance on technology among all organizations, no matter what field you choose to review. Cybersecurity has become one of the greatest concerns among corporations and businesses. Data security should be the first concern of internal auditors in 2022.
Other Risk Factors That Require Auditing Efforts
Apart from cybersecurity, the following are growing key risk factors that all internal auditors must be prepared for by 2030:
- Continental drifts in the global economy
- Diversity of the workforce
- Efficacy of management from the top hierarchy
- Inevitable climate change
- Rising artificial intelligence and its implementation
Strategies and Resources to Overcome the Upcoming Challenges
There is always a silver lining to a dark cloud. Amidst the crisis, resources have grown considerably in favor of internal auditors to tackle the aforementioned risks of the future. Here are some tactic driven approaches to take out the problem in a constructive manner:
- Proactively prepare for the key risks by considering their solutions right now rather than later.
- Figure out the necessary skills required for the future and train your staff, so everyone is equipped with an adequate skill set for a relevant job market.
- Develop a communication link between the workers and stakeholders in the organization for a better understanding of the company’s future goals.
- Introduce and adopt technology and the latest methods and practices of the trade to maximize results and stay up to date with the market.
- Gather all the experience and data retrieved through remote working and test possibilities with a hybrid-working environment.
Internal audit requires many qualifications and years of experience to develop an insight on how finances run through the market and corporations. Are you looking for a public accountant to take care of your financial affairs? Let a professional do it for you. MARIELA RUIZ, CPA, PLLC offers professional accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation services at affordable rates in Mission, TX. Visit our website to learn more about our services or simply give us a call at (956) 997-0067 for further assistance.
Leave a Reply